Craneworks in Bath
Craneworks is an exciting business project to transform beautiful but derelict factory buildings in Bath into a world-class Centre for Invention. This centre will be an inspirational place to learn, make and work, where people of all ages and backgrounds can turn their ideas into reality. It will provide everyone, especially young people, with the combination of creative, technical & practical skills they need to succeed in the workplace of the future.
- Craneworks will include:
- High-tech and traditional creative spaces
- Two cinema screens and digital-making studios
- Art and design exhibition spaces
- State-of-the-art conference and ‘show and tell’ facilities
- Great places to eat, drink and socialise
- A workspace hub for small & medium sized creative, digital & tech businesses, housing 350+ jobs (worth over £25 million a year in GVA to the local economy).
Craneworks in South Quays aims to attract national profile and inward investment for the development of the wider Bath area. It will respect, celebrate and interpret the industrial heritage of the listed buildings, secure public access to them for the community, and create a long-term legacy of inventiveness, economic vitality and employment for future generations of local people.
I attended a very successful event last week hosted by Creative Bath where several highly qualified guest speakers helped to explain the concept of Craneworks.